I'm also going to drop the links (two so far) in my shared items on the sidebar. Happy drawing!
Friday, September 24, 2010
NY Times drawing series
This morning I ran across--who would have thought?--an excellent series in the NY Times on basic drawing skills. This series will come out each Friday for twelve weeks. Oh, I am so excited to see this, for my own sake! If you want to brush up on your own skills, have children who are interested in drawing, or just want a good curriculum for an art class (for any age, because few people practice these skills anymore), this series looks extremely promising. I majored in drawing and painting, yet I never got this level of basic instruction. (Honestly, I think I majored in irony and kitsch, which can be valuable in its own way, but that's another story.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so glad you shared this link, Laura, as one of M's interests is drawing. She's participated in a wide variety of art classes over the years, yet drawing seems to be her preferred choice of artistic expression. It's been fun to see her interest and skill develop even more so over the past several months.
I read through the first segment and it looks like it's going to be a really neat series. It appears that he is going to include examples of great artists in history, so it may be a neat little intro to art history as well. Thanks a bunch for sharing this!
Great! Glad you liked it! And yes, it does have a nice art history angle. In fact, that's how I found the series--a reproduction of a Chardin still life caught my eye on the front page.
Thanks for this Laura. I'm forwarding it on to our resident artist (who is currently working on a drawing for his art class.)
Post a Comment