Saturday, January 23, 2010

A musical request, in good form


Yesterday I sat down at the computer to find this request from CZ. This is a very CZ thing to do, in several different ways. But even I didn't understand the full significance of it at first. Any guesses, musicians?

She got a further laugh when Bob came home, asked, "What's this?" and absent-mindedly tried to point to the sticky note with the mouse. We've really come to depend on that Mac note widget.

The concertmaster and one of the flutists in this orchestra are very supportive musical friends, by the way. I suspect that Arvo Part and the Vaughan Williams violin solo also have something to do with the urgency of the request.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm no musician, though I do play the flute. It strikes me funny all by itself, and I do see the repeat signs in there, which made me smile. But if there's anything else, I'm too un-musician-like to know.

Arvo Part! :-)

Susan

Emily said...

I am a classical music enthusiast, my husband plays the guitar, and my daughter plays the piano, but I am quite ignorant about most things musical. However, it looks like your daughter used some kind of musical notations in her note. Is that it? Is it supposed to be a certain piece of music?

Oh, and a "FREE"? ~sigh~ One of the benefits of big city living, hm? It may be said that there are little pockets of refuge all over, not just at home.

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

MacBeth Derham said...

Well, Libby saw this and posted it on our calendar. Also, the Messiaen at 2:30, same day. Maybe we'll see you there?

Laura A said...

It's in minuet and trio form. I had to be told ;-).

And yes, Emily, you're right that there are little pockets of refuge all over--unless, of course, your daughter wants to go to every concert in the city! It's simply not possible ;-). Then you have to set priorities. She had to choose between one that was this weekend and this one. But BOTH free. Nice!

MacBeth, I had no idea I was actually publicizing the concert, but that's great! I have a feeling we won't make it to the Messaien, even though we'd like to. It's that prioritizing thing. But we'll look for you in the evening. Fun!

And Susan, I'm really looking forward to the Arvo Part, too. It will be the first time I've heard his work performed live. CZ's too, I think.

Gumbo Lily said...

I think this means she wants to go!

Jody