
C.Z. rode in her first bike race in Central Park this morning at 7:30. The race was 5.14 mi (for 12-14 year-olds) and she rode it in 19:25 (almost 16 mph avg.). Not bad for a first race, in the rain! Bob has his first race next weekend. His is an individual time trial straight up a hill.
2 comments:
I *knew* it! I knew you'd all be racing eventually, but you actually surprised me by jumping in so soon. And I'm inspired to quit dilly-dallying about some things I want to do myself. So, wow! Up and at 'em and off on a race on an early Saturday morning. It's sounds really fun, actually! :-) Congratulations to the intrepid CZ, and good luck to Bob! I didn't catch the date of your first race, Laura? When did you say it was? :-)
Good for CZ and Bob! We have a local triathlon and we've toyed with the idea of trying it. We're 52 and 67 years old, and not in shape for it, so we're looking at a couple of years down the road.
Just a fun thought!
Post a Comment