
Just read about Marilynne Robinson's new book Home in The New Criterion's Fiction Chronicle. (It's in the middle of the linked page. If you have a hard time finding the review, go to the bottom of the page and click "Go back to the text.") It's a sequel of sorts to Gilead, and The New Criterion's review makes it sound well worth the read. There are more links to reviews available on Wikipedia.
Just wanted Robinson fans to know that it was out there. Then again, I'm not newsy, so perhaps I'm the last to know!
2 comments:
Hi Laura. When we were in Portland a while back, I saw this book at Powell's. I carried it around with me, but I didn't end up buying it. Then Melissa saw it at Borders and brought it to show me (not knowing that I'd almost bought it once before). I didn't buy it then, either, but I'm certainly intrigued and interested! The title alone draws me. (I'm trying to download the review you posted-- it's going slooowly-- so that I can read it.) I like that the book is a sequel (of sorts) to Gilead. I wonder if it takes that same lovely pace? Are you planning to buy this?
Hi Susan,
I think the book does take place in the same area, though I'm not sure. Bob found the review and asked me to buy the book for him, so I probably will, and I'll probably read it, too. It seems like a pretty good bet, doesn't it?
Post a Comment