Friday, March 4, 2011

Il stile italiano

Italian style tends to come in two main branches, the traditional and the modern. Sometimes they are combined, as in this hotel room in Milan. We only stayed one night at this hotel, because it was more expensive than an apartment, but it certainly was a nice place to rest. (Note dark-colored blob to the right of top photo, a.k.a, Bob sleeping off jet-lag under his pea coat.) It had a traditional beamed ceiling and white linens, but also some glowing plastic cubes that reminded me of a science fiction book I read as a child.

The last three photos are of the apartment we stayed in in Turin. When you get up close, the furniture is IKEA, but still, it's artful what the owner did on a low budget. And it helps, of course, that the building is 18th century.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

I Love it! So happy I stopped by here!

Debbie in Alaska