Friday, March 4, 2011

In response to MMV, from the other side of the looking glass

In response to Mental Multivitamin: There are a few similarities between our living rooms. Note in particular the bookshelves, the blue chair next to the window with wooden trim, the position of the other chair, the adjustable lamp, the globe, the sofa in the middle of the living room, the tan wall color, the window in the left side (a la Vermeer), the general size and proportion of the room, the position of the hallway and other rooms. Only on our side of the parallel universe, things are a lot messier, since I'm doing taxes and receipts are everywhere.

I just couldn't help but notice! Happy reading this month, MMV.

***

Addendum: I saw MMV's update with the other side of her living room, and I'm afraid I must report that on our side of the looking glass, there's just a small dining room table and a wall that we share with the apartment next door.

More books in the tiny study, though! And, amazingly, a piano...in CZ's 7' x 8' bedroom. She hauled it up from the basement, where someone had abandoned it. She has her books in her chest of drawers. Don't ask where the clothes are. If you have a teen, likely you already know.

1 comment:

Dana in Georgia said...

I was soooo surprised to see a television in MMV library, and note that you do not have one.

While I'm not opposed to TV, it seemed so out of place.

I guess I might have left this on her site except that she doesnt allow commenting. So, you get my two cents ;-)