Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A violinist's point of view


C.Z. is taking a photography class at co-op. The assignment was "something I like." She was trying to show what playing violin looks like from her perspective.  

She's now able to practice again--fifteen minutes, twice each day. Hurrah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is terrific news! Now if only we might hear some of that lovely music...I hope that things continue to improve!

MacBeth Derham said...

Good to hear about the practicing. Those hands look like Libby's--great perspective!

Dana in Georgia said...

Nice perspective :)

debbie bailey said...

Cool pic, Laura. Glad the daughter can play again. I'm going to answer your question about 3200 speed film soon on my blog. Hang on!

Laura A said...

C.Z. was quite pleased to get comments about her photo. And she was practically giddy after her short lesson yesterday because of all the pieces her teacher had in mind for her to start playing!

Silvana, if I knew a way to put a decent recording on the computer, I would. But our built-in mike just makes every violin sound like a tiny, tinny one. Oh, well! Maybe we'll get that figured out one day.

MacBeth, we were just at Juilliard on Tuesday night, to hear our friend Nicole's junior recital. I'd still like to hear one of Libby's, too. I'll keep trying!

Debbie, I'll be visiting your blog again soon ;-).