Sunday, December 21, 2008

Last Night's Concert

C.Z. tuning her orchestra

Last night's orchestra concert went well.  C.Z. had a row of neighborhood kids in the audience. How sweet of them to come!  

We're off to Georgia tomorrow.  After days of rain, snow and sleet, icy lake-like puddles to navigate on every corner, a malfunctioning carbon monoxide detector (at least we hope it's malfunctioning), and periods without heat in our building, I'm really looking forward to those 50 and 60-degree highs.  I am also, of course, looking forward to seeing all the grandparents, siblings, nieces and nephews.  My poor mother-in-law's trip was a victim of Fridays' snowstorm; her flight never made it up here and she had to stay home.  But we'll hopefully we'll see her before midnight tomorrow.  

Merry Christmas!  I look forward to reading your blogs in 2009!

3 comments:

laurel said...

Try 80 degree highs! Pack the tank tops...it's supposed to be 80 here on Christmas Day. Craziness. Have a lovely trip!

MacBeth Derham said...

Yay CZ! What a terrific photo...such good light and all. I always seem to get darkness and glowy eyes. I bet the music was wonderful, too!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Laura, I hope your Christmas was lovely (even if it was 80 degrees-- yikes!). Love the photo of CZ tuning the orchestra!

Susan