Monday, September 29, 2008

Variation on a theme

I just looked out the window and saw this:


Nice variation on the header, don't you think?

What I hear:  Violin practice, a bus stopping outside, sparrows, friends arriving at the neighbors' for Rosh Hoshanah, other neighbors singing Happy Birthday to their daughter, who turns four today.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I love the increased drama of that photo! And I really liked reading the sounds you were hearing as you typed. So different from the sounds I hear every day, and so interesting! I read an essay by EB White about New York once. I assume that quote is taken from there? It matches the way you've always described New York. :-)

Susan

Leonie said...

I love the pics and the comparison...and the sounds..we used to live inner city and now live in suburbs of a big city and the sounds are most definitely different.