Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Something new

Bob got an iPad for his business trips and left it home today for me to figure out how it works. Here's one of the things I discovered:



I made this using a .99 app called Penultimate. You write on a notepad with your finger. I really like the way iPad and iPhone allow for you to "draw." My only problem with this app is that I can't seem to write small enough to get much on a page. (You can also buy a special stylus.) But it's pretty fun, don't you think?

I may try to blog our next trip a bit on-the-go. But I do suppose that will require me to wait until the business day is over so I can use this nifty device. Still, it's a pretty good setup, I think!

(I also wrote this post on the iPad, using a blogging app. The app is pretty much necessary if you want to post photos.)

2 comments:

Rick Saenz said...

Laura,

Not that I'll ever have an iPad (though my Kindle 3 is coming tomorrow!), but look here for a review of four such apps (including Penultimate). Adobe Ideas (free) and Note Taker ($5) look pretty interesting. Note Taker is by Dan Bricklin, who has written remarkably imaginative software over the years.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I think I've seen one of those things, but I've never used one. Have fun with your new toy!

Jan from ClassEd