Eastern Wood-pewee (from Wikipedia)
Downy Woodpecker
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Scarlet Tanager
Least Flycatcher
Black-and-white Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
And the usual suspects
This weekend:
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Blackpoll Warbler
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
and what I think was a partially-molted Indigo Bunting, but I didn't get a good enough look
I haven't seen as many birds as usual this year. I think that's mostly because I haven't been to Central Park, but instead have been walking home through Riverside Park after meeting CZ for lunch on Saturdays. I haven't really had time to wander aimlessly yet.
Usually even Riverside Park has more warblers, though. Well, the season is only about halfway through. And I'm always happy to see a Scarlet Tanager!

2 comments:
What a feast you've had!
I love reading about your bird sightings. I once saw a Scarlet Tanager here, yes, here on the prairie. He was migrating through and stopped on Grandma's clothesline.
Jody
Post a Comment